Last modified: [22-05-2018]
Your personal data will be processed in the recruitment system both on our Website and in a smartphone application used by the recruiting staff of Inter IKEA. For purposes of this Policy any reference to the Website includes the smartphone application (when this is relevant).
2. What personal data do we process?
When a Candidate creates a profile and when the Candidate applies for a specific position through our Website, the Candidate will provide several types of personal data that we will process. We may also collect personal data about the Candidate from other sources which we will then process on our Website. The types of personal data that we may process about you are:
- Date of birth
- Telephone number
- Email address
- User name
- Résumé (the résumé may include photos and videos)
- Salary expectations and/or current salary
- Notes from the interview process (such notes may, among other things, include preferences and information about your lifestyle such as your hobbies, motivations and interests and our assessment of you as a candidate)
- Attachments to the application
- Online assessment results
- URL link to social media content
- Background checks (only if permitted by local law)
3. Why do we process your personal data?
We will process your personal data for purposes of administrating the recruitment process, which includes inter alia to follow-up on your application, create a candidate profile and to communicate with you in the appropriate manner (e.g. inviting you to an interview).
We will also process the personal data in order to evaluate the application which includes determining if the Candidate is eligible for a certain position, if the Candidate’s education, experience and language skills meet the requirements for the open position, whether the salary level is in line with the Candidate’s expectations and collective bargaining agreements and compensation framework. When evaluating a Candidate’s application we will process the personal data provided in the résumé and cover letter, which may contain (on an optional basis) photos and/or videos of the Candidate.
During the recruitment process, the recruiting team may take notes from e.g. interviews which may contain personal data. Such data are processed in order to evaluate the Candidate for the employment in question. During the application process you may also be asked to perform an online assessment. The results from the online assessment will be processed in order to evaluate the Candidate for the employment in question.
The Website will provide the opportunity for the Candidate to upload attachments for the recruiting team to evaluate. Any such attachment is provided on a voluntary basis and will be processed for the purpose of getting an overall picture of the Candidate and to evaluate the Candidate for the employment in question.
At Inter IKEA we believe in people and respect each other regardless of position, gender and background. Diversity, equality and inclusion increase our understanding of our customers and each other. In order for us to follow up that we reach, recruit for and embrace diversity, gender equality and inclusion we process information about our Candidates’ gender, nationality and date of birth (the provision of such personal data is optional) for statistical purposes and in an anonymous way.
Through the Website you have the possibility to connect your application to your social media accounts (such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter). If you choose to provide a link to your social media accounts, we will process such personal data and review the information in your social media accounts for the purposes of getting an overall procure of you as a Candidate and to evaluate your eligibility for employment with us.
As regards background checks we will only process such personal data if required by local law in the country where the employing Inter IKEA entity is based.
If we intend to process your personal data for other purposes than the purpose for which the data was originally collected, we will notify you of such processing before we initiate it and if necessary, request your consent. For example, if your personal data are processed in relation to the recruitment for a specific position, we may ask for your consent to process your personal data in the future in relation to another position if we think that you would be a suitable candidate for another role within Inter IKEA. If you consent to this, we will process your data for the purpose of future recruitments and you will be a part of our “talent bank”. We may also at a later date ask for additional consent to use your personal data for purposes of another company within Inter IKEA that did not receive your personal data in the first instance.
4. Transfer/disclosure of personal data
Within Inter IKEA
The personal data provided by a Candidate will be processed internationally by Inter IKEA Holding B.V. and may also be transferred to the company within Inter IKEA that is offering the specific position for which the Candidate has applied. Personal data will also be processed by Inter IKEA Digital Business, which is a business unit within Inter IKEA that supports the group in digital matters.
To other companies
The personal data will be disclosed to SmartRecruiters Inc., which is the supplier of the Website, that will access the personal data within the system to provide its services to Inter IKEA, as well as to SmartRecruiter’s suppliers of email and digital functions for the Website. SmartRecruiters is required to adequately safeguard your personal data and not use them for any unauthorised purposes and to ensure that its suppliers do the same.
5. What is the legal basis for the processing?
Unless otherwise stated in this Policy, the legal basis for our processing of personal data is consent from the Candidate and local applicable law. Local and international transfer of your personal data within the companies of our group is allowed without your consent. Local or international transfer of your personal data to other companies is allowed without your consent to as it its necessary for the possible establishment of legal relationship between us. However, if we retain your personal data in order to protect our legal rights, e.g. if a discrimination process is initiated by a candidate in relation to our recruitment for a specific position, such processing of personal data is lawful based on the principle of legitimate interest, with the legitimate interest being to protect our rights in the discrimination case. The transfer of personal data to our service providers as described under Section 4 above is based on the principle of legitimate interest, with the legitimate interest being efficient administration of a joint recruitment tools for Inter IKEA. If we process background checks the legal basis for such processing will be to fulfil a legal obligation.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
We will process your personal data only for as long as necessary in relation to the purposes described under section 3 above. Our general policy is that we erase your personal data one 1 year after you have been rejected a job. The reason why we keep your personal data after the termination of the recruitment process is to ensure that we have all necessary data to protect our rights should a candidate take legal actions in a discrimination process in the country where you applied for the job. If you consent to further processing of the personal data for the purposes of being a part of our talent bank, we will retain your personal data as long as you wish to remain in our talent bank. In some cases we may also process your data for a longer period of time than stated above. This may be the case if we need to protect our legal rights, for example in a legal dispute or if necessary to fulfil a legal obligation.
7. Protection of personal data
We take the following precautions in relation to the personal data you provide us:
We use a variety of technical and organisational security measures, including encryption and authentication tools to protect your personal data. Your personal data are stored on systems behind secure networks and is only accessible to a limited number of persons with special access rights to such systems.
For example, the companies within Inter IKEA that have access to your personal data are required to treat your personal data as confidential and to seek to maintain its security. Only recruiters and relevant managers and co-workers of the Inter IKEA entity or entities to which you directed your application and/or who are otherwise involved in the recruitment process will have access to your personal data.
The personal data processed on our Website are stored in the European Union or within European Economic Area (EEA). If we need to transfer data outside of the EU/EEA we will only do so if this is possible from a legal and regulatory standpoint and based on a legitimate interest of Inter IKEA or specific consent from the Candidate. For example, if we would like to transfer your personal data to the US then we would rely on the Privacy Shield Framework between the EU and US and if a company is not certified under the Privacy Shield, both parties would sign the EU Model Contract Clauses.
8. Your rights regarding the processing of personal data
You have many rights regarding your personal information. Read more about them below. If you would like to exercise them or learn more, feel free to contact us! You can find contact detail of Inter IKEA Holding B.V. at the end of this statement. Please note that some of the rights may not be applicable to your situation
Right of Access
- You have the right to know what personal information we process and why. That’s why we inform you in advance about our processing activities via this statement. If you have any questions, or would you like to learn more about what information we process from you, you are always welcome to contact us and we will provide you with further information.
Right to rectification
- If you believe we store wrong information about you, such as your name or address, you can ask us to correct this.
Right to Cancellation
- You have the right to tell us to permanently erase your personal information from our records. You can do this for example if you believe there’s no longer any need for us to keep it. Or, if you previously have given your permission, you can just decide to withdraw it
Right to Object
- You have the right to object to the processing of your information, even when we have a legitimate legal reason to process it. You can do this when we process your information on the basis of our legitimate interest, and you believe that your personal interest outweighs ours. If you do not want us using your information for direct marketing purposes, including profiling, we will comply in any case.
These rights are known in Mexico as ARCO rights.
Any such request for ARCO rights should be sent by e-mail to the address set out in section 10 below. Inter IKEA would also like to inform you of your right to data portability.
Right to withdraw consent
- If we process your personal information based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent to or limit the use, processing or transfer of your personal data anytime, but you must be aware that this means that Inter IKEA can no longer process your application and that you may no longer keep your profile on our Website. Even though you delete personal data and/or withdraw your consent, Inter IKEA may retain certain of your personal data if processing is lawful based on local law or another legal principle such as fulfilling a legal obligation or if Inter IKEA has a legitimate interest to do so.
Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
- You also have the right to make a complaint to the National Institute of Transparency, Access to Information and Personal Data Protection (Instituto Nacional de Transparencia, Acceso a la Información y Protección de Datos Personales, INAI) if you believe that the processing of personal data by Inter IKEA does not comply with applicable legislation.
9. Changes to this Policy
If we make any changes to this Policy you will be notified thereof and requested to consent to the updated processing of personal data as set out in the Policy as soon as you log in to your account on the Website and before you can continue using the site.
10. Contact Information
If you have questions about the processing of your personal data, requests for correction and/or deletion of personal data or if you would like to give us feed-back on our Policy and/or our privacy practices, please contact us by sending a letter to:
Inter IKEA Holding B.V.
Olof Palmstraat 1
2616 LN Delft